Monday, January 9, 2012

HAPPY PLACE



Out with BBG (basket biking girl) yesterday– cross country ski’d the sno-park at Bennett Pass off of 35 Southeast side of Mt Hood – beautiful day for January – 50’s and sunny- snow melted down, but soft and easy to ski. So we’re yappin away about dogs, blogs, work, weather… and BBG popped a question that should’ve been simple to answer… ‘so where’s your happy place?’… Good question. It actually took me a minute to think of an answer... 10 plus years ago I could’ve answered methodically and without hesitation… I blanked - and realized I’ve been so busy living life in survival mode rather than just living in the moment, I lost sight of what really makes me happy. My answer back was sailing or anything connected to the ocean – of which I rarely get enough of. But later that evening I continued to think about it and decided I changed my mind... my past experiences has compromised what I Use to think would make me Happy… and if your aha moment is light years ahead of me, then you already know... it’s not where we live, rather who we are, or who we’ve become. Not so profound I know - just simply true. However, where we live has a huge influence on what and who we become… so if we grew up where our happy place is, isn't it possible we (or I) could’ve answered with a quick “right here and now”. On some level I’m happy - it's built in my DNA, but definetly still searching... for more excitement really. Life doesn’t fall into place the way it’s suppose to... some people yes. Most people - NO... you wake up 10, 20 years later and say ‘now what’… and that’s where I am. So sleeping on this - here’s where my Happy is - and goals to look forward to…

*Writing. quirky, simple, senseless... maybe. But I started. Check.
*Sail with a Crew in Sydney or Valencia… or where-ever!
*See the wilder side of the Grand Tetons… and rock climb
*Explore Rt 89 through the Rockies & national parks (bike hike and climb). Half check.
*Live in Bali paradise for a month… and paint. Started painting.
*Photograph people and anything with bold bright colors. Half check.
*Bike the back roads of Italia… the arches of Moab…and Valencia
*Dance w passion! to underground Tango in Argentina
*Learn to cook Italian style in Tuscany… and drink mucho vino! Half check.
*Skydive (not really, I breakout in a sweat just saying the word- just think it’ll help kick start my goals) and BBG will join me! J

Ok, enough of my thoughts. Life if pretty good, except when I'm not paying attention to where I'm walking.


Where's your Happy place?
post a comment - even just one thing - love to hear!






1 comment:

  1. One of my happy places is in the woods or on the beach watching our dogs play and talking to you, Miss Donna Blogger.

    ReplyDelete